Sunday, May 13, 2012

Graduation Day

12 May 2012
Note: This is yesterday's post, but I was so exhausted last night, I couldn't finish it. It was the good kind of exhaustion.

I graduated with my Masters Degree in English - Creative Writing Emphasis (with Honors) today. I came very close to skipping the ceremony, but it was especially rewarding because one of the students I taught in my first semester as a graduate teaching assistant earned his Bachelor's Degree today too. I spent the rest of the afternoon celebrating with friends, all the while toting my grandson around because my daughter had to work.

In the evening we saw a play, The Kitchen Witches, at the Stone's Throw Dinner Theatre, it was so funny, cheek and gut crampingly, teary-eyed, can't catch your breath funny. It was an audience participation of sorts, and from the stage, they kept asking how my rash was. Stone's Throw is a non-profit organizaton, and one of the ways they raise funds is to sell tickets for a drawing for a door prize, and tonight, I won. I was able to choose from a selection, and I picked a set of tiny bowls, which evidently have some specific purpose, but I'm not sure what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment